The Blank side Barrier BsB is the standard for all Bucher Emhart Glass container forming machines.
- During normal operation the barrier is in the up position. The visibility of operating mode of the section increases and the risk of reaching into the operating section is reduced.
- The up position of the BsB during normal operation eliminates the risk of “on-the-fly swabbing” on the blank side of the machine, where the operator reaches into the running section to swab the blanks.
- The BsB, in conjunction with a manual swab cycle from the FlexIS control system, helps to reduce risk while swabbing the blanks. BsB clearly indicates to the operator if a section is in swab cycle or not. The risk of swabbing a section which is not in manual swab cycle is eliminated.
- The up position of the BsB during normal stop decreases the risk of an operator interacting with the section without activating the maintenance stop, which is the only stop that allows the operator to interact with the machine.
- When the maintenance stop is activated (blank or blow side), the BsB is down and clearly indicates that it is safe to interact with the section.