Adjusting plunger up motion
FlexIS Plunger Up Control PUC adjusts the plunger up motion in Press & Blow productions. The system takes care for having the cavity filled entirely with glass at the desired time.
The result of this continuous adjustment is a well maintained full contact time throughout the production run and across all cavities of the machine (see picture below – situation before and after switching on). Customers report that also the start up after a job change is greatly supported by the system – plunger up adjustment is automatically done within a few cycles.
- FlexIS Plunger Up Control PUC is fully integrated into the FlexIS controls, stored in the job file
- Uses FPS multi pressure pressing
- Automatically adjusts FPS pressure levels and switch points between pressures according to press curve
- PPC remote access through the FlexIS remote access system
- Reduced complexity / better ease of use
- Improved start up after job change
- More regular plunger motion due to higher initial pressure levels
- Keeps process steady / less variation, over time, from cavity to cavity, less stops, higher quality / pack rate
- Optimal addition to FlexIS remote service. Experts can support remotely auditing real time PPC and Plunger Up closed loop.
TNB248 - FlexIS Basic Closed Loop Equipment PDF | 21.10.2020
TNB126 - FPS for Plunger Up – Performance Enhancement PDF | 26.10.2020
TNB156 - Plunger Up FPS with Exhaust Valve PDF | 26.10.2020